Saturday, October 1, 2011

My $20 hair cut


Not unlike New Yorkers, Sydneysiders spend quite a bit on their hair. I had asked around for recommendations, but most people were telling me they spent over $90 on their salon visits! 
For the past 4 years I haven't colored my hair and had my mom trimming my hair to save money (in other words I spent $0 on upkeep) so naturally hearing costs of $90 + made my heart rate speed up. 
 During our first couple of weeks in Sydney, my husband found this place by Central Station that did men's haircuts for $10. We recently returned for another hair cut and I noticed that they also advertised women's wash,cut and blow dry for $20 so I decided to give it a try. 
I was a bit nervous given that the place was called Shiny Star Hairdressing which I found to be corny (not that a business name necessarily reflects service but let's be honest - it's the first impression) and wondering if I was going to get what I paid for but to my pleasant surprise the hairdresser did a great job! My hair is a simple style which of course also adds to savings and also leaves less room for error on the part of the hairdresser, however the service, time it took and products were also great. This price even beat local beauty school prices so I'm glad to say I have found a local hairdresser here!

If anyone is interested I went to:

816 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000

0 comments:

Post a Comment